How to update your firmware
This firmware update is only intended for Fly6[v] and is also compatible with Fly6.
Check first if you have the latest firmware. Go to the Fly6 main folder and open the FLY6.VER file using Notepad (Windows) or Text Edit (Mac) and if the firmware version shows 1607040, you have the latest firmware. If not, please follow the steps below on how to update your Fly6[v] firmware.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: There is only one file in this update. Please make sure that the file name is exactly the same as FWSHDV01.bin and not FWSHDV01 (2).bin or similar.
Before you begin, please note:
- Make sure your unit is at least 50% charged before performing the firmware update
- For best results, delete all previously downloaded firmware files prior to downloading and be sure to format your SD card via the app prior to copying the file.
- These firmware updates are not compatible with any other Cycliq devices (Fly12 CE, Fly6 CE, Fly12 or Fly6 Original)
- DO NOT turn the unit off OR remove the microSD card when the unit is in the process of completing a firmware update – this may damage your Fly device
Step 1: Download and transfer the Firmware file
- Download the FWSHDV01.bin here (we recommend using Chrome or Safari)
- Connect your Fly6[v] to your computer
- Copy the FWSHDV01.bin file from your computer into the Fly6[v] main folder
- Disconnect your Fly6[v] and unplug from your computer
Step 2 – Firmware update
- Depress the on/off button quickly
- The process will take up to 20 seconds
- When the flashing lights have stopped, the new firmware is installed
Can't find what you're looking for?
Create a support ticket