Step 1: Inside the Box
Firstly, let’s check to see if you have all of the goods.
Your Fly6 Original should come with the following:
- 1 x Fly6
- 2 x Seat Post Mount
- 2 x Standard Alignment Spacer
- 1 x 5 degree Angled Alignment Spacer
- 1 x 10 degree Angled Alignment Spacer
- 1 x Aero Spacer
- 4 x Standard Straps
- 2 x Long Straps
- 1 x microSD card (installed in device)
Step 2: Insert your SD card
Your Fly6 Original comes with an 8GB SD card. Make sure it is properly inserted as it is unable to record without a microSD card installed.
Insert a compatible microSD card into the microSD card slot of your Fly6 Original device, metallic strip side first, and press in gently until locked in place.
To remove your microSD card, gently press down on the SD card until it releases from the microSD card slot.
Visit https://cycliq.com/sdcards/ for a list of compatible SD cards.
Step 3: Charge your unit
We strongly recommend that you give your camera a full charge prior to using it for the first time.
- Connect your device to a USB wall charger (not supplied) using the supplied USB cable
- The charge indicating light will illuminate showing that the device is charging
- When the device is fully charged the LED will turn off
You can charge your Fly6 using the USB cable provided and your computer, however, this will significantly reduce the rate of charge.
For fastest charging, we recommend using a USB wall charger with a capacity of 5V 1.0A. The time to charge from flat to fully charged varies from 4 to 8 hours depending on the method of charging i.e. mains power USB or computer USB.
Step 4: Setup Date and Time
To setup date and time, please do the following steps.
- While maintaining the connection to your computer, turn on your Fly6 Original (depress power for 2 seconds) to access the file directory
- Open folder containing “CONFIG.TXT” using text editor
- Modify date and time to suit, in the following format: YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM
- Save the file in the root or main directory (not in the same folder)
- Remove your Fly6 Original from the computer- the settings are now saved
- Turn on to have the new settings take effect
Step 5: Format your SD Card
To format your SD card, plug your Fly6 Original to your computer via the provided USB cable. Once recognised, proceed with the steps mentioned in the video below.
- If you do not have CONFIG.TXT, download it here.
- In case the unit is not recognised by the computer, insert the microSD card to the SD card adapter (included in the box) and then insert it to an SD card reader in your computer.
- Be sure that there are no unnecessary spaces.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Create a support ticket