February 6, 2019
We have made improvements to the Fly12 CE which requires you to update the firmware. This will ensure the device runs with optimal performance.
Capture still images
Your Fly12 CE can now take a still image while recording video. You can do this by holding the Q and Power buttons together, indicated by a ‘snapshot’ sound. This image will be saved as a JPEG and is able to be accessed with the rest of your footage (this feature is not available when in 1080p/60 frames per second recording mode).
Better image quality
We have made changes to the way your Fly12 CE adjusts to changing light conditions. This results in brighter footage in dark environments and clearer recording of reflective surfaces like number plates..
Multiple ANT+ improvements to ensure your Fly12 CE and Garmin bike computer work smoothly together. Please note, unfortunately at this stage you cannot use both Fly6 CE and Fly12 CE together with ANT+ (we’re working on it!).
Additional update notes (V1.0.46.000):
- Power on/off sounds will sound immediately rather than after a few seconds.
- Lights will not longer activate when connecting to your PC or Bluetooth, or upon power on/off.
- Fixed alarm issues where the alarm would not sound when the device is in silent mode, and with the alarm turning off after disconnecting and reconnecting to the app.
- Fixed an issue where app connection during Home Safe mode would trigger the main light on the device.
- Fixed an issue where device begins recording when connecting through Bluetooth to the app Incident Protection mode.
- USB OTG (On-The-Go) will work with devices which have been updated to iOS12.
Please note – if you change your settings on your Fly12 CE while it is plugged into the computer using a USB, they will not be saved. We are working on resolving this immediately, however you can still update your settings in the app or using an SD card reader.
How to update your firmware
Please check if you have the latest firmware by checking the code on your CycliqPlus desktop app for PC/Mac If the DSP firmware version reads V1.0.46.000, then you have the latest firmware. If not, please follow the steps here on how to update your DSP firmware to V1.0.46.000.