October 23, 2019
Updating Cycliq’s firmware used to be a pretty complicated process. Not any more.
We’re really pleased to bring you a new app that will take care of your firmware updates just by connecting your Fly and letting our new FW auto-updater app do the rest.
Simply download the Mac or PC version of the app from the link below, open it up from your desktop and follow the instructions. Your firmware will be updated automatically to the latest version, and future firmware updates will be completely hassle-free!
The easier your Cycliq is to use, the safer you’ll be on the road. And with great new safety features and bug fixes being released, it will be much easier to make your Cycliq experience as simple and safe as possible.
We hope you find these updates much easier in future, and thanks for your patience while we’ve been working on getting this right.
How to update your firmware
Below is a quick summary to help you navigate your way around the new FW Auto-updater app and updating your firmware.
Before you start:
- Download the new FW Auto-updater app
- Grab your Fly6 CE
- Get your USB cable
- Open the FW Auto-updater app from the desktop of your laptop
- Follow the instructions in the FW Auto-updater app on how to connect your device and update your firmware (you’ll need your USB cable to connect your device)
- macOS operating systems prior to Mojave (10.14) do not support the Firmware Auto-updater
Check out the video below to see how simple it really is.
We’ve designed the FW auto-updater so that it is easy to use. But if you do experience any difficulties or unexpected behaviour from your device, please get in touch with our support team at cycliq.com/support.
Latest Fly6 CE Firmware – Experience The Best
Making sure you have the most up to date firmware will give you the best Cycliq experience possible. We’ve made plenty of improvements since launching the Fly6 CE, so updating to the latest firmware will keep your Fly6 running smoothly – just like servicing a car. With the latest firmware you’ll get:
- Enhanced video quality and automatic exposure adjustment in all lighting conditions
- More recording time in Home Safe Mode
- Ability to lock and view important footage for later, while continuing to record your ride
- Longer battery life
- Customised Bluetooth device name in the Cycliq mobile app
- Improvements to reading and writing to your SD card
- Other minor bug fixes